Non-spitfire related, but hop you can help

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Non-spitfire related, but hop you can help
From: John Hobson <goalie_john@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2001 14:10:22 +0100 (BST)
I'd like to pick the collective brains of this group about a car related
matter, apologies to those to whom this is not relevant.

A few weeks back my girlfriend had her vauxhall astra broken into in a
car park.  It was broken in to by a coat hanger or other object being
slid between the front passenger side window and door skin to operate the
lock mechanism.  The result of this is that her door is now bent slightly
out shape where it was forced out to slide the object into the door.  Is
it possible to correct this deformation without having to invest in an
entire new door?  She plans to sell the car in a few weeks, and hopefully
if we can fix this cheaply the car will still have some value, rather
than being close to nil value that it probably is at the moment.  Plan B
is to buy a door from scrap and I'll try my hand at fitting it.

Any help, as always, very much appreciated.

cheers
John