strange light behavior

To: "'spitfires@autox.team.net'" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: strange light behavior
From: "Pettis, Ward (NIDCD)" <pettisw@ms.nidcd.nih.gov>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 12:06:39 -0400
Jim,

What you describe while using the light switch sounds just like mine last
spring.  I was prepared to order a new light switch when I decided to take
out the old rocker light switch.  I was surprised that it disassembled quite
easily.  (taking it off the dashboard was another matter!) I cleaned up the
contacts with fine sandpaper and put it back together.  Now works perfectly
in each position!

Ward
'76 Spitfire - Maryland