Re: [spitfire-enthusiast] Re: Timing marks on pulley incorrect?

To: MICHAEL C ROSS <mikeross@Prodigy.net>, spitfire-enthusiast@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [spitfire-enthusiast] Re: Timing marks on pulley incorrect?
From: Carter Shore <clshore@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 19:37:07 -0700 (PDT)
3/16" !!!!
Yikes Mike!

Maybe the pulley was installed *without* the key in
the keyway?

I would not run the motor for even another second
until you find out exactly what's going on.

Get a book (or someone that knows Triumphs) and remove
the nut and pulley from the crankshaft.

If you are lucky, the 3/16" play will be somewhere in
the pulley assembly (loose nut, missing key, etc.),
and not the crank itself.

Carter Shore