RE: rocker oil feed kit

To: "'John Hobson'" <goalie_john@yahoo.co.uk>,
Subject: RE: rocker oil feed kit
From: Davies William-qswi646 <William.M.Davies@motorola.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 14:22:26 +0100
Hi John,
        I guess you got the engine back to Sheffield OK then.

> Just noticed that Rimmers do a rocker oil feed kit, is this
> worth buying?

Not unless you're trying to mask a problem.

>  I assume that seeing as this has been produced there is a
> problem with
> getting oil to the rockers and that this will help alliviate
> the problem?

There is apparently a perceived problem, but none of my 35+ Triumphs have
ever shown signs of poor top end lubrication, except for those which were
also completely worn out at the bottom end!

>  I would however be concerned that if oil is being diverted here that
> would mean less oil for other areas of the engine.

Indeed - some of the available kits over-oil the top end through being
completely unrestricted, causing massive oil burning by flooding the valve
stems. If it ain't broke, don't fix it,
        Cheers,
                Bill.

                            This Message sent by:
    ^================^
   /                  \     William Davies
  /                    \    Total Triumph Enthusiast
/  \  ______  ______  /  \  1959 Herald 948 Coupi Y128
\__/  \     ||     /  \__/  1959 Herald 948 Saloon
|    A \____||____/ A    |  1960 Herald 948 Saloon 100% Original
| =  H              H  = |  1961 Herald 'S'
=====U==============U=====  1961 Herald 1200 Coupi
\________________________/  1968 2000 Mk1 Saloon (the Wife's car!)

Join The Herald Mailing List at: