FW: Windshield & paint

To: "'spitfires@autox.team.net'" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: FW: Windshield & paint
From: "Bowen, Patrick" <pbowen@intellinetics.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 08:23:10 -0400
From: Bowen, Patrick
Sent: Tuesday, September 18, 2001 8:19 AM
To: 'Mike Chambers'; spitfires list
Subject: RE: Windshield & paint

Interesting, I checked about a month ago with a national windshield chain,
Triumph Glass (no relaton to our favorite marque).  They wanted over $400
for the glass, and $85 for the seal.  When I laughed at the cost, he
informed me that the glass is 'correct' and purchased straight from the
factory!  I laughed harder.  After I informed him the 'factory' hasn't
existed for over 20 years.  He did some sidestepping and said they bought
them at factory closeouts.  And that anyone else is just taking regular
glass and bending the corners over.

I gave him a C+ for the attempt anyhow.

Patrick Bowen