Returning home

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Returning home
From: Zach Zaletel <zzalet@po-box.mcgill.ca>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 19:52:57 -0400
Hello list!

I know it's been a while since I've posted anything up to the list, so my
apologies go out to all (then again, I guess you haven't had to read through
any meaningless postings from me).

First off, I am very very much overdue in thanking Dave Chu in Montreal for
showing me and letting me drive his car over two years ago.  It was a real
treat to be able to enjoy a spit while I was at school, so far from home.

Second, I'm in the hunt for a few things - preferably a 1296 or 1500 engine in
decent working order.  Hopefully someone has one they want to get rid of cheap
somewhere between Montreal, Quebec, and Des Moines, Iowa.  The reason for this
will be revealed in the next point.  If anyone has an extra, black shift-boot,
I'm interested in one of those as well.  While I'm dreaming, a GT6+ would be
nice...

Third, I will almost certainly be driving from Montreal to Des Moines between
Sunday, September 30th and Tuesday, October 2nd.  If anyone has any parts they
need to move to someone west of where they are, I may be able to help.  I'll
be following the 401 through Ontario to Detroit, and then will follow I94 to
I80 and on west.  I could possibly cut through Sarnia on the 402 to I69 or
even cut south from Detroit on I75 to take I80 west earlier.  If I can be of
assistance to anyone along that route with Spit parts to move <hopefully
nothing TOO big, as I'm simply renting a minivan to move my things home>,
contact me off-list and I'll see if I can lend a hand.

Thanks for listening and take care!

Cheers,
Zach Zaletel
70 Spit. Mk III