Unrelated rear spring question

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Unrelated rear spring question
From: HD883HUGGR@aol.com
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 17:52:56 EDT
Since we're on the topic of rear springs: I haven't even gotten started with
finishing the restoration on Rufio, the 75 Spit that carred me from Portland
OR to Phoenix AZ back in April.  Hopefully I can find the time to begin soon.
    Question:  My mechanic suggests that the best cure for Rufio's sagging
rear end is to have the existing springs re-tensioned rather than buy a new
set. He has estimated the cost for removal, re-tensioning & reattachment at
about $175.
    Suggestions?
        Thanks!
    Scott & Hobbs (77 Spit, daily driver) and Rufio (patient).