Mystery Light?

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Mystery Light?
From: BrYarboro@aol.com
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2001 19:25:48 EDT
Hello again!
I've been driving the '67 a lot, electrics are working well, all is right in
Spit World. One question, though: I've got a light directly over the steering
column. What does it do, how is it activated? I don't see it on my circuit
diagram.

Also, I've still got steering play. I've checked the hub tightness (correct),
new outer tie rod ends, good inner tie rod end, all new poly bushings, the
entire front end is rebuilt. Could it be something in the steering column
itself? Bushing, how about the joint just above the rack pinion? What about
the screws that hold the two parts of the steering column together?
TIA;
Brian Yarborough
'67 Mk.3