cuts, c-hoovers and carbs

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: cuts, c-hoovers and carbs
From: "James Carruthers" <jcarruthers@freenet.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 10:29:12 +0000
This weekend I have been injured more times than ever. I almost sliced my
fingers off on a heatshield - blood litrally pouring from them all over my
cleaned up carbs. I have been burnt - while tuning the said carbs - and hit my
hand very very hard against lots of metal - due to the blood on the spanners.

My car now sounds like a hoover - how extreme is this meant to be? Its quite a
loud "hiss" I kind of expected it. It doesnt bother be - as long as it should
be there.

So my carbs are now on - I never thought Id be glad that I could stall the
engine (with the throttle speed screws of course)  They're tuned the best I can
do them without any real proper measuring device. (I used a peice of pipe - and
my ears)

Im going to pay to get it tuned proper this week some time. Any body by any
chance know anywhere good for this kind of thing around Bromley, Kent, UK?

Thanks to everyone who helped me with this project.

James

1977 Pimento Red Spit with K&N's