New Family Member

To: "Spitfires" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: New Family Member
From: "Ken St.John" <stjohnkj@twangdemonium.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 11:58:23 -0800
It's true, this Triumph disease is incidious!  Saturday a friend and I
hauled home a new member to my meager stable - a 1965 Mk II Spitfire.
The car had been abandoned at a house owned by a Baptist church and let
out in the lovely Washington weather.

The DPO had attempted to shoehorn an MGB 1800 engine into the car and it
rode home half in, half out of the car!  It is now out and the boxes of
parts removed.   Unfortunately the original engine is lacking crank and
cam shaft as well as one piston and rod.  I've got feelers out for
another engine.  I'll be replacing floor pans and looking for a front
bumper as well!

And if someone is looking for a complete MGB 1800 engine and trans with
all ancilleries let me know!

Ken St.John
'74 Spitfire 1500 - "Lil Red
'65 Spitfire Mk II - "Ol Blue