Re: driveshaft? Balance? need two u-joint shaft TSI?? BP??

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: driveshaft? Balance? need two u-joint shaft TSI?? BP??
From: "Nolan Penney" <npenney@mde.state.md.us>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 07:32:39 -0500
Last time I spoke to A-1 Drive Shaft in Baltimore (410 752 3000) they said they
can do it.  I haven't bolted my overdrive box in yet, so I haven't measured
it to see how much I need cut.

You can use one of the non-cv driveshafts if you'd rather, and have
that one cut down.  Not a big deal, as long as the flanges match up.

Another thing to consider is cutting it yourself.  Ron Champion describes
doing this job himself in his book on building the Locost (cheap Super 7
replica).  Fairly straightfoward job.

>>> Paul Tegler <ptegler@cablespeed.com> 12/14 10:43 PM >>>
OK... anyone have a O/D length... driveshaft
for a 1500 Spit?
What I'm looking for is any driveshaft in good shape
that had u-joints at both ends.
I have a CV jointed shaft, but can't find anyone
that can balance it with the stupid cv joint setup.