Round-tail Spitfire questions

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Round-tail Spitfire questions
From: John Goethert <john@triumphspitfire.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 09:40:04 -0500
Listers,
I was looking through photos this morning and noticed something stange
about front running/blinkers for MkI & II Spits.
Accoring to the photos there were three variations (per side):
two clear,
one clear & one amber,
one clear & one larger white
Does anyone know where the changes occured?

Another question:
It was the US 70 Spit that had the round badge on the bonnet, correct? Only
one of the 70 Spits on our photos page clearly show this. Many cars don't
have the badge. Can anyone send me a closeup photo of it?
Acorrding to "Triumph Spitfire & GT6, A Guide to Originality" (book) at
FD75000, non-US Spits received a badge in the same location as the round
badge. Safe to assume that that badge used the same mounting holes as round
badge therefor FD75000 is where the round badge was fitted.

John