Male Names for Cars

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Male Names for Cars
From: HD883HUGGR@aol.com
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 15:11:51 EST
<< Laura.G@141.com writes: mostly men give cars feminine  names whilst the
women seem to give them male names. And then  there's Joe Curry and a few
others who give them male  names...Hmmm... >>

Whoa, here's a thread we may not want to pursue!  That "hmmm" sounds
accusatory.
    Actually, my two cars received male names simply because "Hobbs" is my
stuffy, sophistocated British butler/chauffer (at least, that's what the name
is supposed to imply...he's far from stuffy or sophistocated and is really
more of a kid than I am) and "Rufio" are is the Lost Boy who gave Peter
Banning back his ability to play like a child again in the movie "Hook."
    My wife's Mustang GT is "Baby," my Harley is "Marilyn" and my former '74
Dodge Challenger and '78 Corvette Stingray were "Christine" and "Lady Jane,"
respectively.
    My male horse is named "Cougar," but I don't think that really applies to
this conversation.
    I'm married with 3 kids but have an extensive background in theater and
don't care much for sports (except baseball, and I'm surprised no one asked
why Curt Shilling was hanging around Hobbs as mentioned in one of my previous
e-mails).  I've received flowers from people I've dated in the past, but they
were always women.  Now I'm REALLY confused...!
    Happy motoring, whatever your preferences are...names or otherwise!
        Scott (& Hobbs, & Rufio)