Re: Good news for a change!

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Good news for a change!
From: "Laura Gharazeddine" <Laura.G@141.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2001 20:15:42 -0700
>Unless you have a GT6, in which case, don't bother calling them.
>Call TRF, Rimmer or VB, they want your business.  Moss does not.
>Dave
>
>>If your reading this, great job Moss Motors.  You can plan on

getting
>>more of my business in the future and a hearty recommendation to

anyone
>>who asks where to find parts.

Lots of ragging on Moss here lately, because someone had a good
experience.

1.) Not everyone is a round tail snob-yes, I said snob. The way
some round tail owners go on and on and actually bash square
tails/square tail owners/suppliers of square tail parts-well, come
on guys-let's leave that sort of bashing and lording over to
Jaguar owners club?

Pity me-I've only had square tails-but I can say that I've found
Moss to be very helpful and reasonable.

2.) TRF? You've got to be joking. (Or you have a round tail...;-)
I haven't found them to be terribly helpful-they're a bit like
dating a younger, very good looking guy-it seems a thrill but
they're unreliable.

3.) Vicky Brit? They get the lowest marks from me-terrible
customer service.

My first picks are the local auto supply store HUB Auto-my
mechanic has an account and gets many parts from them for his
restoration work-a good percentage of the parts on Nigel came
through them. Ask for Robert.

Next, I try Nigel at Spitbits. And I do know round tail owners who
really like doing business with him.

Third, I go to Moss.

And if I really can't find the part at the price I want in the
time I need, I go to one of the guys from the Triumph club-Gregg
Cole. He's built more Spitfires than you can shake a stick at-and
has a treasure trove of pre-'73 model parts. And lastly, I'll try
another Triumph club guy-Bert Bennett. He also has lots of
spares-he brings back spares from the UK when he visits and buys
up NOS wherever he finds it. He's built some really nice
Triumphs-including several Spitfires (both square and round tail)
and GT6s. These two guys are great sources because they're
local-saves shipping, and it's so much fun to go out to Gregg's
and sort through everything and shoot the breeze.

So, even though Moss isn't my first source-because I have other,
closer sources-they certainly don't deserve the bashing you guys
have been giving them lately.

Just my 2 cents (even if I am a girl AND a square tail owner at
that!) ;-)

Laura G. and "Nigel"