Re: MPH vs. RPM - Speedo update - and the REAL answer

To: "Spitfire" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MPH vs. RPM - Speedo update - and the REAL answer
From: "James Carruthers" <j.carruthers@rave.ac.uk>
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2001 21:18:39 -0000
With all this talk of MPH vs RPM has got me worried that my own speedo isnt
reading properly - it does bounce quite a bit. The last thing I want to do
is get on a roll and get a speeding ticket to go with my parking ticket.....

Maybe there is a simple answer to all of this; someone has been messing with
space and time. A bit like "Back to the Future" only with a Spit rather than
a DeLorean....... now that would be a film! Just before hitting 55 mph - the
exhaust falls off - thus Michael J Fox gets stuck in 1955 and never makes
Spin City or Doc Hollywood. A sequel is made, but is nowhere near as good as
the original. And the Spitfire flys of course - however they get sued by the
makers of "Battle of Britain" for nicking their idea - who would think of
making a film about flying Spitfires? (officially the greatest plane ever
made - due to its cheap parts, low insurance and tiny turning circle - and
thrashing all those midgetschmitts during the war) The third film isn't
bad - however a
Spit in the wild west is a bit far fetched if you ask me - where would you
get the parts?. And nobody will ever remember the storyline - except it's
set in
the wild west. Oh, and the big flying, time travelling steam engine. Its a
conspiracy I tell you, a conspiracy!

This explanation may help you if ever caught speeding. I suggest you print a
copy of it and put it in your open plan glove box.

TTFN + Happy Holidays,

James

1977 Pimento Red Spit