Question about Ignition Lamp on Dash Glowing Faintly.

To: "'spitfires@autox.team.net'" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Question about Ignition Lamp on Dash Glowing Faintly.
From: Bobby Bloyed <bobbyb@blbelectronics.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 11:53:08 -0800
Hello Everyone,

   I have a question.  Yesterday my ignition lamp on my dash started glowing
faintly no matter what speed the engine is running at. When I first turn the
key on the lamp is bright. Once I start the car it is not on solid and it is
not out completely. I thought something was wrong with the alternator,
however when I hook up a volt meter to the battery I see about 13.5v when
the car is running.  With the car off I am getting about 12.8. I am not
quite sure why the lamp is glowing faintly now.  Any ideas?  Thanks in
advance for your help.

Bobby

1976 Triumph Spitfire
Fresno, California