Re: Wet Spit - solved!

To: <Ar164super@wmconnect.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Wet Spit - solved!
From: <ptegler@cablespeed.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2001 03:17:47 -0500
Ha! BTDT
If you're comfortable with the roof seal...

Check along the little rain gutters that run
up the sides of the windshield A-posts right
in front of the leading edge of the side windows.

If there is a small seam between the body metalwork
and the little rain channel (that is a separate piece of
metal)
that's where the water is getting in. Run a bead of clear
silicone down the groove to seal it.

As water runs down the channel, as designed,  it simply
runs into the a-post, and dumps out on your floors
under your feet.

I just went through this same exercise chasing this down
myself less than three months ago.
I thought it was the windshield seal after I had just
finished
installing the real stainless steel trim in the rubber seal.
After the next rain it did it again. So I had to keep
looking.

The sealing of this seam  (which is done at the factory)
usually cracks or falls out over the years or is removed
when people work on the car prepping for paint work.

Paul Tegler
ptegler@cablespeed.com
www.teglerizer.com