Re: Big journal 1296

To: Mike Chambers <mikech@sprynet.com>
Subject: Re: Big journal 1296
From: Bill Manning <gripdad@directvinternet.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2001 08:13:57 -0800
Mike,
        Make sure you change rod bearings often and
you shouldn't have problems. It is easy to
change rod bearings by pulling the oil pan
and working underneath. You can also check or
replace the thrust washers at this time. I
replace the rod bearings in my 8000 RPM, 1296
small journal, race spit every three race
weekends. Cheap insurance
                                        Bill  VARA E/P #3