(was crank pulley nut) Impact wrench

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: (was crank pulley nut) Impact wrench
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2001 08:33:02 -0500
Several people have suggested an air impact wrench.  Don't know what kind
if impact wrench you are using, but the crank bolts on must of my cars won't
come off with either of the 2 impact wrenches I own.  I usually have to
fall back to the breaker bar and the starter!  Granted my impact wrenches
are the hobbiest types, 1 is the $30 type the 2nd is an IR Pro series
at about $65 from Northern.  I'd like to get one that would break these
bolts loose but I don't want to spend $100s for a SnapOn or MAC.

So just out of curiosity, what type of impact wrenches do you have,
Make, model, cost, where purchased.

John

        65 Rambler Classic

Morgan:    www.team.net/www/morgan