Re: crank pulley nut

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>, <ptegler@cablespeed.com>,
Subject: Re: crank pulley nut
From: "Nolan Penney" <npenney@mde.state.md.us>
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2002 07:21:24 -0500
3/4" drive socket and breaker bar work wonders.  I've
had no problems using the starter to pull them off, as
well as using a 2x4 to jam the crankshaft if the pan
was off.

You've got a bad engine vibration, an obvious
problem with your pulley, possibly a bent crankshaft.
Can you put the pieces of the puzzle together now
Paul? :-)

>>> "ptegler@cablespeed" <ptegler@cablespeed.com> 12/28 3:02 PM >>>
son of a B%#^& !

This is the third try to get the front crank pulley nut loose
on my 1500 engine.

I've tried the 'turn the key' with the breaker bar on...
and just now... a hand sledge hammer (short handle)
and a custom breaker bar on my 1/2" drive socket
set . Even just took a propane torch to it to try and
loosen it.

ANY IDEAS?

Has anyone ever seen a front pulley that is warped?
As I rotate it, you can see the pulley is not spinning true
()using the timing marks as a reference... you can see
it is not 'perpendicular' to the shaft as it rotates.
But if the nut is this tight how can that be?!!!