Carbs and exhaust

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Carbs and exhaust
From: Alan Lemen <ralemen@cableone.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 18:22:01 -0700
Well after doing all that work and putting out pictures is one thing.
Getting her running is another.

Had a couple of small fuel leaks on the bottom of the bowls out to the
jets. Guy who rebuild had not tightened them enough. So I kicked myself!
ALso although the later models with the springs on the throttles and not
up at the linkage it was still not enough to return the linkage all the
way. In fact it sort of stuck at high revs when I took her out. Quick
trip to local hardware store fixed that. My wife even drove the car for
her second time ever. First was almost 2 years ago just before the
clutch went.

All in all a happy day. Sound is not bad from her either. Sounds a lot
"meatier" than she used to be.

Alan