Forgot one little thing

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Forgot one little thing
From: "Jon" <triumph@bigolbear.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 21:05:53 -0500
Well, finally thought I was ready to lift the body tub off the frame.
Everything has been removed except the drivetrain and suspension. Pulled the
gas tank to get at those final 2 bolts, remembered the emergency brake
cable, the fuel line, basically all the little things you all have said in
your reminders. Except for one thing. Jacked the car up, blocked it along
the sills so's I could lower the frame down and roll it out from beneath the
tub. Lowered away, the frame stayed on the car...
Seems I forgot to disconnect the steering column from the knuckle on the
rack... I'd reconnected it in order to steer the car in a 3-point in the
driveway so it would face out of the garage.
Had to jack it back up, pull the blocking and lower it back to the ground.
Gave up in disgust. Oh, well, maybe next weekend.

Jon
www.bigolbear.com