RE: rev counter erratic

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: rev counter erratic
From: <ralemen@cableone.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 10:14:12 -0700
Yes my rev counter is electric (76). Sounds like I 'll just clean up any
contacts and see and leave all settings (inc plugs - thanks Joe, that's what I
thought) alone.

Also how strongly should the car pull. I find it difficult to get above 4000
rpm most of the time. So highw peed is OK but there';s nothing left. Even with
the new carbs etc she has a lot more power  ( cruises up hills I used to have
to drop out of overdrive) but still lacks the top end. It will rev to the red
line when I have her just sitting there without load. Possible need of new
valve spings?

Alan