Re: engine paint

To: John & Judy Tones <jtones@shaw.ca>,
Subject: Re: engine paint
From: Carter Shore <clshore@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2002 10:47:40 -0800 (PST)
Yes,
I used to work at a radio equipment manufacturer
(Aerocom in Miami). They would wind coils that were
sealed and finished with Glyptol. This made them
impervious to damn near anything, a requirement for
equipment used in severe environments like shipboard,
aircraft, and the tropics. Lot's of the stuff we built
is still in use today, very tough and robustly made.

We used to have a motto, ' glyp it and ship it '.

I still use this phrase sometimes, people give me odd
looks. ( but that's not uncommon )

Carter Shore