Re: Wax oil?

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Wax oil?
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 07:36:58 +0000
In article <85.17516d5f.299b0a7c@aol.com>, MKCASPIAN1@aol.com writes
>Two questions - what is this wax oil that keeps geting mentioned, and where
>does one find the Practical Classics Spitfire book you are all refering to?

I don't have any product information on Waxoil, but it is basically a
waterproof gunk that stops things rusting.   No doubt an expert will be
along shortly to explain all.

The book is "Practical Classics and Car Restorer on Spitfire
Restoration" published by Brooklands Books in 1987, ISBN 1 869826 442.
No authors' names given, as it is a compilation of various articles in
the magazine mentioned in the title.

ATB

--
Mike
Michael Hargreave Mawson, author of "Eyewitness in the Crimea"