Mk3 changing

To: Spitlist <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Mk3 changing
From: Grant Buss <buss3@sympatico.ca>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 08:27:00 -0500
    We have just finished putting a transmission and overdrive from a
1500 into my son's '68 Mk3. No real problems, that we know of yet. We
had to put a 1500 flywheel and the front plate on the drive shaft. About
4 inches had to be cut from the tunnel. The drive shaft was shortened 4
1/4 inches.
    Now that is done, I remember someone had an article about changing
the rear spring. I have a rear spring and dif from a 1500. I am not sure
if I have the rest. Can someone please let me know where to find that
article?