RE: Engine Number

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Engine Number
From: "Catchpole, Pat" <Pat.Catchpole@ntc-europe.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 16:30:26 -0000
Don't Panic!  Everything is in order.  Chassis numbers (Commission number)
should start FH75001 onwards for a 1500.  US Spits start FM.  Engine numbers
for UK start FM and end in HE to signify higher compression than the US
engines.

Incidentally, your gearbox and dif numbers should start FR (FT and FH in the
US respectively).  If your chassis number ends with an O then it had a
factory fitted overdrive.

Have a nice weekend with your dog!

Pat

Nissan Technical Centre Europe Limited.
Registered in England Number 2228415 Registered Office Cranfield Technology
Park, Moulsoe Road, Cranfield, Bedfordshire MK43 0DB
Telephone : +44 (1234) 75 5555

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended for
the addressee only.  If you are not the addressee you may not copy, forward,
disclose or otherwise use it, or any part of it, in any form whatsoever.  If
you have received this e-mail in error please notify the sender and ensure that
all copies of this e-mail and any files transmitted with it are deleted.

Any views or opinions represented in this e-mail are solely those of the author
and do not necessarily represent those of Nissan or its affiliate companies.

Although this e-mail and its attachments have been scanned for the presence of
computer viruses, Nissan will not be liable for any losses as a result of any
viruses being passed on.