RE: steering knuckle joint

To: "'Spitfires'" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: steering knuckle joint
From: "Catchpole, Pat" <Pat.Catchpole@ntc-europe.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 12:42:56 +0100
John

I am a little confused...which bolts are you having problems with?  Have you
separated the steering arms from the vertical links (is this what you call
the knuckle?) because I don't think you should.  I can't see in the parts
book which other bolts you could be referring to.

It is very easy for me say that everything should line up before the bolts
are inserted to give a 'stress-free' (mechanical not necessarily personal)
re-assembly, but if you are wrecking bolts then this is a warning sign that
something else is wrong.  Re-check the workshop manual before restarting the
job this evening.

Pat (only ever done the job with the engine out as part of a rebuild)

Nissan Technical Centre Europe Limited.
Registered in England Number 2228415 Registered Office Cranfield Technology
Park, Moulsoe Road, Cranfield, Bedfordshire MK43 0DB
Telephone : +44 (1234) 75 5555

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended for
the addressee only.  If you are not the addressee you may not copy, forward,
disclose or otherwise use it, or any part of it, in any form whatsoever.  If
you have received this e-mail in error please notify the sender and ensure that
all copies of this e-mail and any files transmitted with it are deleted.

Any views or opinions represented in this e-mail are solely those of the author
and do not necessarily represent those of Nissan or its affiliate companies.

Although this e-mail and its attachments have been scanned for the presence of
computer viruses, Nissan will not be liable for any losses as a result of any
viruses being passed on.