RE: GT6 rocker clearances

To: "'spitfires@autox.team.net'" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: GT6 rocker clearances
From: "Catchpole, Pat" <Pat.Catchpole@ntc-europe.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2002 11:56:04 +0100
If you suspect 'cupping' then take a nice big (thick) feeler gauge (say 30
thou) and set this gap between push rod and rocker.  Then take a thinner
gauge (say 10 thou) and *count* then number of turns (I do it in
sixth-of-turns corresponding to the sides of the hex head) to move from one
to the other.  By simple division you can work out how many sixth-of-turn
equal 1 thousandth of an inch.  Next fully close the gap between rod and
rocker and finish by backing up the correct number of turns to set the gap.
You can do this for each valve.

Re-reading your question I see that this method strictly does not 'check'
for cupping, it just eliminates it.

Pat

Nissan Technical Centre Europe Limited.
Registered in England Number 2228415 Registered Office Cranfield Technology
Park, Moulsoe Road, Cranfield, Bedfordshire MK43 0DB
Telephone : +44 (1234) 75 5555

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended for
the addressee only.  If you are not the addressee you may not copy, forward,
disclose or otherwise use it, or any part of it, in any form whatsoever.  If
you have received this e-mail in error please notify the sender and ensure that
all copies of this e-mail and any files transmitted with it are deleted.

Any views or opinions represented in this e-mail are solely those of the author
and do not necessarily represent those of Nissan or its affiliate companies.

Although this e-mail and its attachments have been scanned for the presence of
computer viruses, Nissan will not be liable for any losses as a result of any
viruses being passed on.