Brake Servo

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Brake Servo
From: "James Carruthers" <j.carruthers@rave.ac.uk>
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 18:05:01 +0100
Hiya Listers,

I have been rather unfaithful over the last couple of days - I've been driving
my mother's 2 year old Ford Fiesta. For a start I should point out it isn't
comfortable or as enjoyable to drive as my Spit. You really have to rev the
engine hard to get it to go any kind of speed and it runs out of breath at
about 75. The only part of the car I liked was the brakes.

So my question: How about fitting a brake servo to my car? I think the one
Rimmer's sell is about 100 pounds or so. Anyone got it? Does it make that much
difference? I heard that for some car's (in this case a Nova) you can go down
the scrappy and graft one in that way. Possible?

Any problems with brake servos?

The real reason I would like it would be for safety really. Of course I
probably drove the Fiesta much faster because of it's enchanced braking
ability. In a way I suppose the Spit would go faster in this respect too. But
every so often I do have that heart stopping moment of having to brake quickly
- which I certainly don't like.

tia,

James

1977 Pimento Red Spit