RE: Alarm query

To: "'Douglas Braun & Nadia Papakonstantinou'" <doug@dougbraun.com>,
Subject: RE: Alarm query
From: Richard Gosling <richard.gosling@exprogroup.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 08:38:39 +0100
Doug said:

...In my experience the manual choke and gearshift of my Spit would deter
most potential thieves...

Maybe in the States, over here in Europe automatic transmissions are the
exception, not the rule.  My '93 Fiat has a manual choke, they only
disappeared in Europe with the last of the carburettor cars around '94.

I just dissuade theives by having a car that looks like it isn't worth much
(and isn't), plus living in a village where there is very little crime
compared to towns and cities.  The fact that Mike HM lives about 20mins from
where I used to, but in a town not a small village, and he's had his car
vandalised 3 times in a year and I've never had it, has to tell you
something.  Worse, I left Daffy in town for just ONE NIGHT (I hired a van
for 24 hours and left Daffy parked near the hire place) and the soft-top had
been damaged when I came back to her.

Richard & Daffy

Important Notice:
The information in this email is confidential and may be legally-privileged.
If you have reason to believe you are not the intended recipient, any
disclosure,
copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on
it is prohibited and may be unlawful and you are requested to contact the sender
urgently and dispose of this email