Re: Clutch problem

To: griffco@cadvision.com
Subject: Re: Clutch problem
From: heavensbats@netscape.net
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 12:51:30 -0400
I haven't seen the ones from Rimmers, but I installed one
from VB or TRF (don't remember which one I got it from) a few
years ago and it was a nice metal copy of the original box.
The bulkhead braces sit on top of
the mounting flange on the box and everything is spot welded
to the body.  I drilled out the spot welds and reattached the
braces with machine screws.  Brazing would have been better.
It might be possible to carefully grind around the braces and
leave them in place, then notch the flanges on the new box.
If I had it to do over again, I would probably try to do it
that way.  I attached the new box with a bead of construction
adhesive and put some thin rubber spacers under the battery
to make sure it drains and dries out quickly underneath.
Dave