Re: norwegian vitesse

To: "Michael Hargreave Mawson" <OC@46thFoot.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: norwegian vitesse
From: "William Davies" <bill@rarebits4classics.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 22:19:31 +0100
----- Original Message -----
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>

> Sorry, I don't understand the question.   I don't have a Vitesse
> Convertible, and wasn't aware that they had extra door catches.   Why
> would they need them?   I'd be interested to know.

Hi Mike,
    All Herald & Vitesse convertibles have additional catches compared to the
Saloons, Coupes, Estates and Vans. They sit below the main door catches and
take the form of a tab which locates into a loop. The idea is that in a
collision, they prevent the main catches from disengaging as the body flexes,
though they also serve to make the whole door to shell more rigid. I'm fairly
certain that they're not remanufactured, but I think they may also have been
fitted to some of the TR family. Anyone?
    Cheers,
        Bill.

--
Rarebits4classics