Starters Question - Spit/GT/TR6

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Starters Question - Spit/GT/TR6
From: "Steve W. Reilly" <Luckyone@sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 23:31:52 -0400
Spitty list members,

Got a question about the Lucas starters on the spitfire/gt6/tr6 cars.  I
have used all 3 types on my GT6 without any problems.  Other than the
integrated solenoid on the TR6, is there any other basic difference?  I
think all were 5" and I also think they all had 9-tooth gears on them.  I
would also have thought that a GT6 and TR6 would require progressively more
torque in order to turn over the engine.

Thanks,
Steve Reilly
'70 GT6's
'70 TR6