Interior parts

To: "'Spit list'" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Interior parts
From: Craig Smith <CraigS@iewc.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 06:21:13 -0500
I purchased the glove box crash pad from Vicky Brit.
I was thinking it was the trim piece that runs from the bottom of the
instrument panel left towards the passenger door on my 71 Spit.
WRONG....
I have the metal part of this trim kit that I wanted but the padding and the
vinyl is shot.

I was wondering,
Where does the glove box crash pad attach to on the tunnel side ?
Has anyone reworked one of the trim pieces ?

The foam part sort of caused me to wonder but after thinking a bit I figured
I could cut up one of those "noodle" things that all the kids use in
swimming pools and then cover it with vinyl.

Any IDEAS ?