Differential differences

To: "Spitfires (E-mail)" <Spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Differential differences
From: "Mike Welch" <mikew@turbopower.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 11:39:52 -0600
This is probably something that I should already know, but...  I have a '69
Spit with the stock differential, and one that came with a '68 (I don't think
that it was the original though).  As I was swapping half-shafts, I noticed
that they are behaving differently.  With both wheels off the ground, if one of
the axels is turned, the other side will spin in the opposite direction on the
'68, but it won't turn at all on the '69.  What's the difference and which one
is desirable?

Mike Welch
Colorado Springs, CO
'69 Triumph Spitfire