Yippee! First ride of the season! Finally...

To: nass@yahoogroups.com, spitfire-enthusiast@yahoogroups.com,
Subject: Yippee! First ride of the season! Finally...
From: "Kristi Richardson" <lytabyron@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 20:36:15 -0700
Brad and I finally had our first long ride in the Spitfire! The car is
running great and we got a chance to check out the sound quality of our new
portable cd-mp3 player with adapter. We were "Blinded by the Light" and we
"Rolled over Beethoven". We were a "Band on the Run" as we said,"Goodnight,
Vienna." Brad has over 12 hours of mp3 music on one cd that he has
accumulated over the internet, so we should never run out of sounds to
listen to.

The weather was in the 80's and the rural landscape was beautiful. We
traveled through Oregon City, Canby, Aurora, Hubbard and Woodburn then back.
The corn is up along with colorful flowers and the hops are green in
Hubbard.

I know that most of you have already had your first ride, but things have
been a bit hectic here. Our youngest graduated from middle school, our
middle son from high school and our oldest daughter graduated from the
University of Oregon, all in the last 3 weeks.

I was hoping to have the first ride on Monday, which was our 30th wedding
anniversary, but being Oregon, it Dumped!

Anyway, it was well worth the wait, and maybe we will get out in the car
this weekend again!!!!

I love these little cars!!!!

Kristi, who needs to wear her hair back or in a scarf now that it is
growning out. What a lot of snarls to comb out... lol