Re: now the outside handle's broken

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: now the outside handle's broken
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2002 19:44:48 -0400
At 09:38 PM 6/22/02 +0100, James Carruthers wrote:

>*However*, and I should have guessed this would happen, my passenger door
>doesn't open now (obviously unrelated because I just fixed my driver door -
>unless there is something spooky going on...) - it doesnt open from the
outside
>- you pull on the handle and it sort of half opens and then the door sort of
>catches on something. Any ideas? I'm going to have to look at that tomorrow.

James,

I've had a similar problem with my pass. door.  It opens from the inside but
not from the outside.  If you pull the inner door panel and look at the back
of the outside door handle and try to work it, you will see a long rod,
actually, I think it's a large cotter pin, anyway, there is a spring clip
that attaches to it.  This spring clip will slide down and not pull the
mechanism enough.  Just slide the spring clip up some and try the door.
You may have to move it several times before you get it adjusted correctly.

John

        65 Rambler Classic

Morgan:    www.team.net/www/morgan
Bricklin:  www.bricklin.org