The Tyresome Affair - Not So Rapid Fit

To: Spitlist <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: The Tyresome Affair - Not So Rapid Fit
From: "James Carruthers" <j.carruthers@rave.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 15:35:12 +0100
Well nothing is straight forward with me and my Spit. Not even getting
tyres...

Tuesday: I phoned around for the best price  - Rapid Fit had the best
price on my chosen Continental EcoContact EP 165/80/13 tyres. So I get
them to order them. They say they'll be in the next day.

Wednesday: I drop in - nope, not here, won't be delivered until
tomorrow.

Thursday: I phone up in the morning - they say to drop in sometime in
the afternoon - so I do - nope no time to do it. Come back tomorrow
about 3.

Today: So Im on my way to Rapid Fit - and I hear my phone ringing - I
don't answer so the guy leaves a message - I go via the house to drop
off some stuff and pick up the message - "2 tyres got stolen today,
unfortunatly they were your Conti's - can't get another 2 until Monday"
- great news! I'm not going to be in Bromley on Monday as Im going to be
back home. So I ring the guy up and we arrange to get the 2 tyres
fitted.

So 2 are fitted - now Ive just got to arrange to find 2 more back in
Chingford.... what joy....

James

1977 Pimento Red Spit

p.s. Yes I know its a terrible pun....