RE: Rear spring

To: "'Grant Buss'" <buss3@sympatico.ca>, Spitlist
Subject: RE: Rear spring
From: Richard Gosling <richard.gosling@exprogroup.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 08:51:50 +0100
Grant,

That sounds right to me - this arrangement makes sure that the spring itself
is tight down onto the diff.  If the plate went down flush onto the diff,
then the bolt load would not all be transferred through the spring leaf, and
there is the possibility of the spring leaf moving slightly.

I also remember it looking like this when I replaced my rear spring.

Richard & Daffy

Important Notice:
The information in this email is confidential and may be legally-privileged.
If you have reason to believe you are not the intended recipient, any
disclosure,
copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on
it is prohibited and may be unlawful and you are requested to contact the
sender
urgently and dispose of this email