RE: She goes!

To: "'John Hobson'" <goalie_john@yahoo.co.uk>,
Subject: RE: She goes!
From: Craig Smith <CraigS@iewc.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 18:32:27 -0500
Engine 101

The oil gets to the rockers through the cam.
If you ever pulled the cam from an engine the back or sometimes the front
bearing has spiral grooves on it.
The cam turns at a different RPM than the crank due to the pulley diameter
diff oat the chain.
A good close clearance at the cam bearing with the grooves causes the oil
supplied at the bearing to get forced to an oil galley hole that feeds up
through the head into the rocker assembly.
The rocker assembly has an oil galley inside.

It's really magic, and all that stuff up above, I just made it up !