RE: Brake pedal shudder & squeak on rear tyres

To: "'James Carruthers'" <j.carruthers@rave.ac.uk>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Brake pedal shudder & squeak on rear tyres
From: "Mitchell, Doug (D.B.)" <dmitchel@ford.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 09:28:32 -0400
James,

Assuming that the shudder to which you refer is a pulsating
brake pedal, I would suggest that you have the front brake
rotors checked for runout. (Trueness). This is usually an
indication of a warped rotor.

How much higher tyre pressure are you talking about? On my
'73, I try to keep close to the original spec. I feel the
ride is much too hard if you go too far over the recommended
pressures. I generally keep mine at 22-23 front and 26-28
rear.

As far as replacing the dampers, yes they are much easier on
the rear than on the front.

Cheers,

Doug

--