windscreen

To: spitfires@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: windscreen
From: Sam Gentry <sam@spit6.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2002 17:39:17 -0400
I think I must have done every job that can be done in 40 years and 6 spits
and gt6's.  Every job other than replacing the windscreen.  I have read the
manuals and I think I understand how it is done, the rope trick should
work.  What I don't understand is the use of the "mastic", the sealing
compound.  The instructions clearly say to apply it to the glass to seal
the glass to rubber joint.  There is no mention of using it on the rubber
to metal joint.  Actually the books do mention cleaning the old sealer off
the window frame, but there is no mention of applying new.

I could put some in the slot in the rubber, but I think that would make a
huge mess with the cord.

I am sure a lot of you have done this and have some useful advice.

Thanks, Sam

http://www.spit6.com
73 Spit 6 - in progress
80 Spit - daily driver