Re: Upgrading Wheel Lug Nuts

To: growe58@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: Upgrading Wheel Lug Nuts
From: Bradley D Richardson <bradrichardson@juno.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2002 10:13:35 -0700
Greg,

The only 'modification' we had to do was for the ones on the front of the
car.  Had to carefully, (did it by hand) grind just a tad off the head,
because the back of the rotors is curved up a little.  Other than that,
they just popped in, and we used standard 7/16 lug nuts off the shelf in
a local auto parts store.  Length was perfect, and knurl size, etc.  Of
course, we were putting these on for non-stock mag wheels, which had
PLENTY of room for length.

We found this size by going through NAPA's catalog and carefully
measuring all the actual size pics until we found these that were as
close to the exact size that we could find.  My calipers couldn't tell
the difference once we actually had the parts in hand, for the knurl.
Obviously they are 7/16 instead of 3/8, so a difference there, but no
drilling on the rotors or rear either.

Yes, you can put the part number on your web page.  If you want to give
me credit, that's cool, if not, that's cool also.

Brad