Re: Swing Spring

To: <JohnZissler@aol.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Swing Spring
From: "William Davies" <bill@rarebits4classics.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 22:35:27 +0100
----- Original Message -----
From: <JohnZissler@aol.com>

> Hi all, I think I have asked this question before but as I am a forgetful
> person i hope you dont mind if I ask again....................Can I use a
> SwingSpring off a MkIV and put it on a MkIII chassis.

Hi John,
    Yes, the swing spring will go onto the Mk3 chassis. Be sure to blank the 2
unused spring mounting holes in the diff casing with grubscrews as they will
otherwise be a nice path for all sorts of muck to get into the diff. The swing
spring works best if used in conjunction with the thicker front anti-roll bar
which can be taken from the same chassis as this will restore some of the roll
stiffness lost at the rear.
    Cheers,
        Bill.

--