RE: Door Strap Installation

To: "'Daniel Parrott'" <parrotthead01@comcast.net>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Door Strap Installation
From: Craig Smith <CraigS@iewc.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 19:51:38 -0500
This is a pure bitch.

You need to cut the stud out of the latch.
This is best accomplished using a Dremel tool.
It's a brad, no screws to remove, you will need to cut the top or bottom off
to remove it.

Once that is done the whole thing will then move back in towards the fender.
Depending on your carpet you can reach in behind the post and remove the
slid piece.

To reinstall you will either need to rebrad a stud or do as I did and insert
a bolt and bugger up the end so the nut will not come off.
Eventually the bolt will fail and you will need to put in another one.
The hardest part is getting the old stud out.

Good Luck