Gauges and problems

To: SPIT mail list <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Gauges and problems
From: Philip Warburton <cplimey@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 20:54:36 -0700
Couple of questions.

1) My temp gauge takes a lot to move it. It has to be a hot day and the car
not moving to see any movement.
Do you think it is the thermostat?
The sender appears to be working as I get a light glowing off and on on the
continuity tester.
Also, what are the disadvantages of the engine running colder than normal?

2) I am replacing my oil pressure unit that goes into the engine block.
Firstly because Nick Moseley's experience has been weighing on my mind and
also, the green light on the instrument panel does not light.
Yes, there is lots of oil!
The bulb is good, but I cannot get a circuit to light up the continuity
tester with all the wires connecting to the oil pressure unit.

Thanks for any help out there.

Cheers,

  *** Philip ***
1975 Spitfire 1500 - FM32468U