Commission plates

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Commission plates
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2002 12:50:11 -0700
I seem to recall awhile back that a list member was creating good quality
repro commission plates for sale.  Here's my problem.  I have the title for my
project car and the original, matching 1968 commission plate that was removed
from the vehicle, but the black paint on this original plate is nearly
obliterated.  The stamped commission numbers and date of compliance for U.S.
Federal safety standards, appliable on January 1, 1968, etc. still remain.

I'd really like to get another plate that is readable, out of concern that I'm
going to have a heck of a time registering the car without one that is
legible.  I wish I could just have the black paint restored on the plate, but
I doubt that's possible.  I've seen the repro plates from Victoria British,
but they are different than the original, so I'd prefer not to go that route
if possible.  Any suggestions?

Jeff