Re: Engine Swap Update No. 2

To: "James Carruthers" <j.carruthers@rave.ac.uk>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Engine Swap Update No. 2
From: Dan Canaan <flinters@picarefy.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2002 17:15:11 -0700
At 10:00 PM 10/12/02 +0100, James Carruthers wrote:

>Got to the point of being able to lift the engine, tried once, but it didnt
>seem to want to separate from the gearbox - all the bell housing bolts were
>undone, so not sure why it didnt want to shift - I think we need to move the
>engine forward a bit more - however we decided it was too dark to continue, so
>that will have to be done tomorrow.

The engine is bolted in only by the two front mounts.  Once all electrical
and fuel lines are disconnected (including starter and grounding cables),
the engine can come out.  If you are pulling the engine out separately from
the gearbox, that should be it.  The exhaust manifold/header can stay on
the car, but it is easy to have it get hung up on the side of the
block.  Taking both manifolds off is highly recommended.

-Vegaman Dan