Troubleshooting help

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Troubleshooting help
From: Jdgar0649@aol.com
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 23:36:25 EST
Listers;
       Paul, John, any others (and I am sure there are many others)  I need
some advice in pinpointing a problem.  My Spit seems to do fairly well, it
will drive around the block without too much problem, and things seem to be
sorting themselves out fairly well--EXCEPT for --well, let me describe.  The
car starts easily, fires off quickly with a little choke, settles down fine
(a little bobble in the idle as I am pretty sure there is a little wear in
the dizzy).  I will idle well enough for 10 or 15 minutes, but then starts to

drop off as the car gets good and warm.  It will need some throttle every so
often after that (the car was doing this when I got it, and I thought I had
been through everything that might have caused this).  After a short drive
around the block or to the filling station, if I turn it off, there is no way

that it will start or if I do get it to start it revs very slowly and
reluctantly (like the engine was full of jello).  If I let it cool, it fires
right back up no problem.  My inclination is that it must be the carb ('72
Strom).  Anyone who has experienced a similar problem--all ideas and help are

appreciated.
TIA
Joe Garrison
Edmond, OK